Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Shifty business

To Upper Thomson Road, 28 km. The night is cool and misty. The altocumulus clouds hang in the night sky, catching the lights of this brightly-lit island. The jungle is silhouetted against the night sky, while the reservoir water is black and placid. I blunder upon a couple on the road and they bark at me, mocking the sign stating that all dogs must be leashed. It's their owners who should leashed. Sheesh. Anyway, I have shifty business on my mind: will my cleaned and lubed chain behave itself on the sprockets? They do. So the kung fu master (see 31 Jul entry) was right. The problems is with the bicycle frame, not the drive train. After all, I've used the same filthy drive train for thousands of km on my old frame without fuss. The downpour in Johore (see 19-24 Jul entry) must've clogged up the works, exacerbating the shifting. As in life, performance depends whether your stuff is well-soiled or well-oiled.

No comments: