Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Unchained melody

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 22 km. My old, trusty chain lies broken at my feet. I persuade bikeshop man that the chain is the problem. He changes the chain. I seem to be right; the chain shifts smoothly, compared to the old XT chain (HG93) which I've been using since 1 Nov 04. My new chain is LX (HG73), because I'm cheap. I even put up with a little chain skipping, since I don't want to change the cassette. I hope I don't rue my choice of chain; it's cheaper but there are mixed (mostly bad) reviews online. I go for a road test. Ah, silent service from the Hyper Glide. I probably could've gotten a cheaper price elsewhere, but I hope the few extra dollars I paid bought me high class skills.

No comments: