Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Shock and awe

To Hyde Park Gate, 26 km. I'd flossed my sprockets, wiped my chain rings, scraped my jockey wheels, and wiped and lubed my new chain. Still, the chain declines to move up sprocket #5. Until I realise I've been turning the barrel adjuster the wrong way. Why am I so distracted? Because, after 18 years, I've found out what's happened to my former true love. She's married, with two kids aged 5 and 8, and a housewife since Oct 04. I know so, because today I saw her sister standing a few metres away in a hawker centre - a few metres that spanned 18 years. The shock to my system is so great, I'll need to reboot my heart. And this after a shock in the office today, when I see that things aren't they're said to be. Just like "Thomson Hills Drive" has no hills.

No comments: