Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Back in the saddle


To Airport Road, 92 km. I'm back in Singapore and back in the saddle. Harvard is better for cycling. There are more cyclists and bike posts on the pavements for locking bikes. Even the weather is better. Well, I have to make do with where I live. This week's NUS training ride is at Paya Lebar Airport: runway cycling. I go three rounds. I try to draft the Singapore cycling team but they deploy their drag chutes. There are few roadies today, but some mountain bikers give me a good run, especially one with a 1668 number plate. I also see bikers from Wheels are Turning, cycling association and togoparts. Alano offers me his rigid fork, which I grab. But alas, it doesn't fit. Darn, either I get a fork custom-made, or a new frame ... Too bad I didn't win a bicycle or anything for that matter in the lucky draw. This is the fourth consecutive year where I've cycled on the runway and go home with just the goody bags.
Photo courtesy of Siva

No comments: