Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Last ride that never was

To Tanjong Pagar Rd, 29 km. Question: what's worse than not having money to buy something? Answer: when you have money but can't buy anything. Today's ride is supposedly the last rite for my old bike. But bikeshop man declines to sell me a Jamis frame. The closest size he has is 1" too long. Insufficient standover height, and the bike will wobble when going downhill, he says. Second bikeshop sells Voodoo, but even Buffy the Vampire Slayer is creepy, so no bike that proclaims "practitioner of black magic" for me. Third bikeshop doesn't have Iron Horse in my size.

No comments: