Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Window shopping

To Still Road, 50 km. I visit three bikeshops today, looking for frames. There aren't many exotic frames about but those I see are nice and have nice price tags too. It's interesting is how quotes vary from shop to shop. Labour costs range from $0 to $60. Cable prices vary as much as three times. All in all, it'll cost between $200 - $400 on top of the price of the frame, for headset, seatpost ... some of which are thrown in free. Of course the $400 tag is quoted by the shop that charges for everything. Still, I learn something from that bikeshop man; he says my current bicycle is in "racing" position.

No comments: