Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Monday, June 27, 2005

Getting acquainted

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 29 km. "Click click." The sound of cleats in clipless pedals. The beginning of thrills without spills. I start getting acquainted with my little Red Tank. While I'm a little sad to part with my old, faithful, trusty and rusty Iron Horse, my Tank is nippy. Twitchy even. I persuade bikeshop man to lower the handlebars. That's better. I do the circuit at the former car race track. There are other cars there, parked by the roadside. I suppose, like me, the car occupants have their pulse racing and sweat dripping. The difference is, I'm riding my bike. I stop a few times to tweak my cockpit until it is just so. Rear derailleur isn't behaving itself though. And Tank needs getting used to. At a traffic light, I almost fall beside a police car. And, as if they know I'm on a brand new frame, a few pedestrians and another cyclist buzz dangerously close to me.

No comments: