Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Getting acquainted, reprise

Jun distance: 368 km

To Mandai Road, 33 km. Bikeshop man fixes my rear derailleur and I'm off on another test flight. Riding a bike is like flying. A bike has a cockpit, just like aircraft. We navigate by the seat of our pants and use aerospace grade materials. And we soar through the air, with minimal contact except at the saddle and (not always) handlebars and pedals. Test is successful. Despite mushy tyres and heavy shoes, there is noticeable improvement in acceleration and speed. Tank is 2 kg lighter and I reach 37-40 km/h easily. The Easton frame and racing geometry are proving their worth. Still, it remains to be seen how I will fare against real life roadies. 1,000 km rides. And offroad with a rigid aluminium fork.

No comments: