Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Long, hard and high

To Kranji and Mount Faber, 102 km. Today's universty training ride is the longest and hardest I've ridden for the centennial ride preparation. Never before have there been so many roadies (at least five, or a quarter of the group size) and they ride a mean pace. This ride is also the highest we've ever climbed, to Mount Faber. I like it long and hard, pushing man and machine to the limit, against generally younger men on more sophisticated racing machines. Two of them wear track shoes and wear me down. I guess I've decided what frame to get now; one that's light and which will perform well. No straight-gauge tubing. Goodbye, Iron Horse ...

No comments: