Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Finally, the end


To Yishun Central 1, 33 km. My home feels empty. The spot where she stands in the kitchen waiting for me is empty space. It feels funny without her. After almost 22,000 km, my Iron Horse is retiring. Because it's tiring to have to keep changing threaded forks that get worn out; I've worn out the threads of two in 3.5 years. After visiting 11 shops in the past few months (excluding two that were closed and including some on-line), I finally decide what's worthy of the memory of my Iron Horse. I see it hanging on a wall in Yishun. It feels good, it's the right top tube length, but it's white. I see another one nearer home. It's red, and the price of additional components sounds right too. Bikeshop man says it's a better buy than another horse. A kid with a new Iron Horse admires my retro one. I walk home to my empty kitchen. Bye bye, horsey.

No comments: