Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Riding upstream

May distance: 565 km

To Clementi, 38 km. I was wondering which jersey I should be wearing to keep cool in the afternoon heat, but I needn't have worried. In mere minutes, the sky turned dark. Now I know why rain is called "shower". Riding up Lornie Road, the pouring rain gushes down the side of the road. It's as if I'm cycling up stream. For all my trouble of cycling 1 hour in the rain, it turns out the training ride was cancelled. No one told the six of us who showed up until one of us called half an hour later. We should've stayed home snug as a bug in a rug. Since I'm already on the road, I stop at a high-end bikeshop. Bikeshop man looks at my bicycle. "I've never seen an Iron Horse on the road for a long time," he says.

No comments: