Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Trashed

To Changi, 91 km. Another university training ride. This time there are a few more new faces compared to last week, but still a far cry from the targetted 40. We head for East Coast via West Coast. East Coast is jammed with cars and people. Instead of taking a break, I cycle for home via Changi. A roadie passes by and I sit on his tail at a humane 35 km/h. He peels off and I'm alone again, but not for long. A mud splattered guy shoots past me; he's so splattered, I can't make out what make of bike he cycles. He thrashes me, speeding up Loyang Avenue on knobbies and a filthy drive train. And I'm on my slicks ... My headset is trashed too; it gets loose after a few bumps on the road. The long term solution will set me back at $700, for a new frame, fork and seat post, since spares for 1" frames are hard to come by. I stop by a bikeshop for a look. A girl asks me how to attach a light to her helmet. I tell her, then move on. A bus cuts in front of me. Like a rag to a bull, I race with the bus, leaping ahead at 46 km/h.

No comments: