Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Back on the road again

To Clementi, 84 km. The National University's centennial ride to Kuala Lumpur is on again, after going nowhere since Feb. Today is the first training ride since the organiser left the university. There's just a dozen of us, the lost momentum is not surprising. I wonder if they can rustle up 40 cyclists now. What we lack in numbers today, we make up for in speed. There are two roadies with us and we tear up Mandai road, going downhill at over 50 km/h, including the giant on a full-suspension Giant. There's another guy on a steel rigid: D. He, too, is looking for a new frame. I try out a 17" Giant; it's too big for me, but the next size down is 14".

No comments: