Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Unfazed at Fraser

Sat 2-Sun 3 Apr:

To Bukit Fraser, Selangor, Malaysia, 68 km. There's silence, but for the sound of insects chirping, birds singing and my lungs labouring the 29 km up the 1,524m hill. We travel about 400 km by car from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur for the night and cycle up Fraser's Hill the next day. It's a long way to go to risk being whacked by a bus; I can have that in Singapore. Except that in Singapore, buses try to whack cyclists even on straight broad roads, compared to that bus overtaking me on a winding narrow road. Still, I'm cool, literally. Going downhill, I keep ahead of traffic as I corner at 38 km/h. W sheds some skin and blood; he has another scare later too. Mauritian R and N seem happy enough. I've reason to be happy too, besides enjoying the hill scenery and cool air. Having snapped the scenery, I keep my camera in my pouch on my bicycle, which goes on the bike rack atop the car. Which proceeds to get drenched in the pouring rain. "Oh God, if you keep my camera dry, I'll sing praises to you," I pray. Time to learn singing; not a drop splashes the camera.

No comments: