Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Size matters?

Mar distance: 1,059 km


To Bermuda Road, 53 km. The butterfly flirts with crushing death as it flits around my wheel. The tortoise in the water keeps a safe distance but looks at me quizzically. The monitor lizard taking a morning swim spots me and promptly submerges. It has the biggest brain and presumably the best instinct for self-preservation. But what about the humans who litter (with non-biodegradable waste, no less) in the water catchment area; what's wrong with their brains? Or the Mercedes 350 driver who manipulates the monster on the road but doesn't flick on the signal lights? Still, I have a nice morning, a partly-training, partly-explorer ride in Upper Thomson and Sembawang to capture sights in case they disappear forever.

No comments: