Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Friday, March 25, 2005

Hazy brain, wobbly legs

To Kulai, Johore, Malaysia, 154 km. It looks like it's going to pour, but it's just a hazy sky. It looks like it's going to be an easy morning ride, but it's just a hazy brain. I suppose it has to happen someday, when N takes me and Mauritian R for a ride across the causeway. I struggle up the roller coaster hills. I'm not mentally prepared. Nor is my bicycle - it is not lubed nor are the tyres fully inflated. It's only after lunch and an ice-cream drumstick that my legs come back to life: drafting motorbikes at 52 km/h until they're out of reach. Today is a historic day, first because it's Good Friday. A distant second: I cross the 20,000 km mark today.
Tech note I'm at a disadvantage as I'm on a mountain bike. I hear how the fastest woman in Singapore has a wheelset that costs almost double what my bicycle (including upgrades) costs.

No comments: