Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Won't I ever learn?

Round island #8, 139 km. I'm just asking for it. I behave myself at first, drafting the roadies from Casuarina Road on the last "official" training ride for Bike N Blade. At Kranji, a lorry overtakes. I'm drawn towards it and breakaway at 45 km/h. But I can't keep up the pace. The peloton picks up the pace, overtakes me and I feel the heat from my hubris. I throttle back after Jalan Buroh and it becomes a solo ride. I wait for coach to cycle with him for a while before he heads home, then I wait for the last cyclists. I never see them again and cycle alone the rest of the way. So much for auld lang syne for the last training ride and it serves me right. Nonetheless, it's an interesting ride; my first time going round island anti-clockwise.

No comments: