Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Stealing time, back in time

In Ang Mo Kio, 16 km. It's 8.30 pm. There's no one left in the office to see me steal away from the office, drained. I've got to ride to regain life and sanity. I cycle back in time to where I used to live, where I rode in shock over a little wriggly snake, where a mad orange dog bit me, where I struggled uphill on a single-speed, fell on my face as my front wheel disappeared where a drain cover used to be, and rolled downhill after crashing into a pile of roadside debris. Now, as an adult with a better-equipped bike, my Cateye cuts through the darkness. A shadow moves; it's a cat. All is quiet and peaceful. For a while, the storm in my heart quietens.
Tech note I wear my first pair of bike shoes, with new cleats. They are now my training shoes.

No comments: