Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Chock a bloc

To Kangkar Pulai, Johore, Malaysia, 162 km. So much happens in one ride. The Kulai ride is cancelled because of "rain", but I see some gals on their way to Sedili Besar. They ask me to join them, but I don't have my teddy bear for an overnight ride. So I cycle solo to explore the unknown at Kangkar Pulai and Universiti Technologi Malaysia. I see a motorbike under a bus, but the motorcyclist seems OK. Further on, two cars almost crash behind me; if it'd happened, they'd have taken me down. Or that pothole I barely miss at high speed. Or that furball running at full tilt, barking at me. Back at the Singapore immigration, an officer touches me (in both senses of the word) by asking me to join the shorter car queue. Then the people who cancel the Kulai ride do a local ride and I lead them on a sightseeing tour (and learn from a racing veteran turned bikeshop man how to fix V-brakes). The tour's grand finale: feet soaking at the Seletar hot springs.
Photo courtesy of RebelXH

No comments: