Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Indicator error, human error

Apr distance: 473 km

To Canberra Road, 30 km. As usual, I'm home too late for the Wed night ride gang, and cycle solo. I head for the sports school, but can't remember where it is. I pedal furiously, but my speedometer sometimes says "0 km/h". Since the RPM is wrong, speed is wrong and distance is wrong. But the forward motion is unmistakable: working so hard, making slow progress. As I dismount at the end of the ride, I'm almost the victim of a high speed crash. On the pavement. By another cyclist, who cares not for his own kind.

No comments: