Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Nice doggies

To Choa Chu Kang, 60 km. There are two rides starting at 8 am. I skip them all to catch up on sleep after more than a full day of work yesterday. I hit the road alone, then give a newbie triathlete a good run before going off the beaten track. I pass 3-4 dogs; they don't molest me. They don't even bark. At a traffic light, a dog comes up to me. "Don't bite me, OK?" I plead. It opens its mouth and licks my leg. I believe its owner is the bikeshop owner who recognised that I've removed the crank he'd sold me. "It's been thousands of km," I say to soothe his feelings.

No comments: