Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Gone to the birds

Feb distance: 908 km

To Old Lim Chu Kang Road, 126 km. The air reeks of chicken shit. "Is the air safe?" I ask the PCRT doctor. "Yes," he says, "Don't stop breathing!" I see an electric blue kingfisher on the road, which flits quickly to a treetop as I approach. Lying motionless elsewhere on the road is a dead mynah. I feel like lying down beside it. I feel half-dead, having tagged along with two PCRT girls for three laps round Old Upper Thomson. There, we pass a mountain biker going slowly uphill. "Come on baby!" yells F. I tell her: "The male ego is a fragile thing." I slow to a more humane pace. SH passes me. "Ladies first!" I yell, and she smiles.
Tech note I ask coach how I can cycle better. He says my pedalling is quite good, but I'm going as fast as I can on a mountain bike. Only minor tweaks left, like shifting my saddle back, or using 1-inch tyres.

No comments: