Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ankling for pedaling

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 91 km. I've read 20 books on cycling, but have never come across "ankling" until the PCRT coach tells me today. Ankling feels like dancing; and is more graceful. Remains to be seen if it helps in my performance. Today, I keep up with the roadies for about 23 km, then drop back at a more mountain-bike friendly pace. Strange company, while I've overtaken roadies before, this is getting to be too much. Coach says it isn't their drive train that helps them pull away from me, it's the weight, geometry, tyres and drop bars. After 55 km non-stop, it's time for five laps along Upper Pierce Reservoir. While there are few cars in the area, some of them are driven by illiterate monkeys feeding their own kind. Wait a minute - you don't need to be literate to read the "no feeding of monkeys" sign. Monkeys don't need to be fed; I see a troop gathering around a dead rat.

No comments: