Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Singapore tourist


To Sungei Tengah Road, 69 km. Uncharacteristically of me, I change my mind just before a ride. Instead of heading across the causeway, I decide to tour in Singapore. Packing my camera, my first stop is to see the Thomson roadies in action - from the front instead of the familiar rearview. On the way, I meet WH and bike guru AF. I see PCRT in action too; they go up Old Upper Thomson Road uphill, while the Thomson roadies come downhill. Spectacular. I chat a bit more with AF, then try to catch up with the roadies. I overtake a few, and a few overtake me. One of them, like the PCRT coach, tells me to get a road bike. It remains to be seen if I'll become invisible if I get one. But I do know beauty when I see it: Jalan Lekar and Lorong Semangka. I must be a sight for sore eyes too, for the doggies come after me. The owner barks like his dogs but fails to call them off. Grrr! I shake them off though I'm so slack today, I stuff my face on the road - twice!

No comments: