Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bike therapy


To Sengkang, 47 km. Chinese New Year. A time for reunion. And farewell. A plane leaves Singapore. At the same time, I leave home on my bicycle for some therapy, to leave some memories behind for a while. My heart is heavier than my steel bike. A headwind blows as I head for Buangkok. It's a journey into time, with some trails, wooden bridges and wooden houses with zinc roofs. Going on dirt and rock-strewn trails reminds me why my one and only bicycle is a mountain bike, not a racer. Next stop is Sengkang and Punggol. Much has changed. Old roads are sealed off. New roads are opened. I feel better.
Tech note The irritating, persistent clinking when I'm using my middle chainring has largely disappeared. I also sand off the rust on my frame: Chinese New Year advice from someone who built a race car.

No comments: