Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Made in China

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 34 km. She has no helmet, but her hair is tied in a pony tail. She wears no bicycle jersey, but a factory coat. On her feet are not bike shoes, but canvas with printed flowers. She rides a little single-speed bike, possibly made by her comrades in China. Two cyclists side by side, but worlds apart. Who is to say who is happier? I'll bet she is, but then the grass is greener on the other side. These days, I don't really know what's eating me, but I'm "too busy" to find out. Tonight, I train for my charity ride so I can keep up with the roadies. I didn't even train for the 2003 Penang MTB Jamboree or 2004 SACA road race, NUS Cycling Club or Yew Tee Hunt on Wheels.

No comments: