Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Riding into the sunrise

Oct distance travelled: 706 km

To Changi, 94 km. Up before the crack of dawn, heading east into the sunrise. Lots of cyclists tear up and down Changi Coast Road, including people I haven't seen for a while eg AZ, GC and some Bikers 21. TYS, AL and I take turns to draft each other, then the roadies drop me. Well, I ain't the last guy on the way back. I abandon my tailing of three triathletes at 38 km/h to wait. It's a nice ride. I like cranking the pedals and feeling the visceral thrill of the bicycle surging forward. It's like flying headlong into the wind. At TYS' home, we watch digital photos of her ride to Barelang (Indonesia) and Mount Fuji (Japan). She cooks us soba for lunch too! Us guys snooze after that, while she runs errands. Men ...

No comments: