Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Self-organised

To Choa Chu Kang, 73 km. From different directions they come, dressed in different colours and on different bicycles. At 8.25 am, helmets are donned, bikes are mounted and we're off. "No need for PAP to organise," says one cyclist of the Thomson Sunday Ride. This is my second such ride, the first being on 29 Aug. I'm still in the 30th percentile, but this time, I manage to keep the peloton in sight along Mandai Road. I pass scattered groups along the route. I latch on to a few roadies at Kranji, then shake them off. Soon, I'm alone again. Deja vu. Yesterday, I was among 20 riders who were left behind. Last year, we'd cycled at least 400km for training and on the actual ride for charity. Last night, we didn't make it the few metres up the stage to receive our Commissioner of Police Awards; the ceremony went awry for us. Why am I writing this? Because Flanker and Papa Bear asked me to.

No comments: