Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

When things ain't that bad

To Admiralty Road East, 39 km. I dislike cycling in the rain. Dirt gets all over me and, more importantly, on the drive train. It's cold, visibility is poor and brake stopping power drops dramatically. It starts to drizzle. One cyclist turns for home. The other three push on. It starts to pour. Should've turned back too, I chide myself. We seek refuge at Bottle Tree restaurant. And it's a really good ride after all. After it pours, it stops. We see a tree shaped like a bottle for the first time - it's several hundred years old. Fishermen line the banks of the river, and so are catfish. WH hasn't seen these sights before. She's happy, I'm happy. We have a nice chat at a coffeeshop. And R insists on giving us a treat.

No comments: