Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 24, 2004

And that's like me

To Admiralty Road East, 54 km. She's a newbie who comes across my website and seeks advice on what bicycle to buy. Before I know it, she's got a Ghost and is exploring the neighbourhood by herself. That's just like me three years ago. So I offer to be a tour guide (just like AF did for me). I show her sights of Singapore she's never seen before. Twice, I nearly crash into her - all my fault; the last time I biked with a newbie was 1.5 years ago. After a few hours, I drop her off where we first meet and scoot for home as the weather turns bad. Which is too bad, since I want to log more km and chase roadies. I draft a truck at 44 km/h and run the gauntlet along Lentor Ave past SLE. Ah, that's what I call riding, three times faster than the usual newbie speed of 15 km/h. In Ang Mo Kio, a learner driver swoops in front of me. I overtake her and glare. She and her instructor are smiling. Solved! The mystery of why Singapore drivers do what they do to cyclists - they learn it in driving school.

No comments: