Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Flower peeling mountain

To Mount Faber, 57 km. In Mandarin, the name of this hill sounds like "flower peeling mountain". But it's no mountain, just a hill. Going up at my own pace is fairly easy; what's hairy is wending around the tour buses disgorging somnambulist passengers. I go two rounds via Morse Road, two via Lower Delta Road and one loop round the top. I cycle home via pleasant Tanglin Road. The serenity is shattered by two people sitting in silence by the road, with a blown-up colour photo of a badly bruised face. A brute of a taxi driver bullies me, but this is more than made up for by many drivers who slow down instead of cutting me off at turns. A blustery wind blows. It rains leaves, twigs and branches, followed by pelting rain. Weatherman says it'll rain today, but I miscalculate; the sky looks dark, but I think it's because of my sunglasses! I pay for my folly by having to dry and oil my drive train. Bleah.

No comments: