Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bird flew

Oct distance: 533 km

To Lim Chu Kang, 70 km. The plumage would make a cyclist proud: red and iridescent blue. The kingfisher was hanging out with egrets. I admire the egrets; how do they stay so white without detergent? How far have they flown? Where are they going? There's a flock of them, but none of them give me the answer. One of them takes flight - its wings spread out, its legs trailing behind. With one flap of its wings, it glides through the air at 30 km/h. Such majesty, yet, invisible viruses may befall it. The bird banks lazily perpendicular to my direction and it flies out of my life. The good thing about cycling alone is, I can savour such moments at my own pace. I can even wake up at my own time: an alarm-free day. Cycling beneath the little puffy white clouds against the clear blue sky like in "The Simpsons". I stop by a bikeshop; he charges me $5 to tighten my cassette. He spots a problem with my brake pad and fixes that too.

No comments: