Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Memory lapse

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 30 km. I do laps tonight. Round and round I go; after three laps, I can barely remember how many rounds I've gone. I will myself to do a fourth lap, then call it a night. The only interesting thing that happens is passing by a pack of cyclists going the other way. But there are a few scares; a pedestrian crosses the road, ignoring me bearing down with lights flashing. Another stands in the shadows, then pops out just as I pass. Ah, the technological challenges of cycling in Singapore. How do I see in the dark without infrared vision? How do I build a force field around me that allows wind in my face, yet protect me from those who seek to bring me down?

No comments: