Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Old and sick

To Mandai Road, 22 km. I try to shake the sleepiness out of my head. The fastest moving part of my body is my running nose. I trundle out my bicycle on the eve of tomorrow's time trial up "Mount" Faber. All I'm looking for today is two sprints. My first sprint winds me. I'm about to do laps around Old Upper Thomson Road when I see a roadie ahead. Ah, motivation at last. I perk up and draw nearer, keeping a respectful distance away. Turns out to be a girl. Turns out she's going too slowly for me. I overtake and start sprinting, then turn back at the Mandai columbarium. I stop by a bikeshop. Bikeshop man says old folk with cold should use heart monitor, as it can signal heart problems better than feelings. Ah well, my heart is broken, I'd probably lose tomorrow. But then, I could cause an upset instead of being upset.

No comments: