Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Little pleasures, big blessings

To Lim Chu Kang, 63 km. There were four rides yesterday. I go for none, but think all weekend about one of them: a double American century. 320 km in less than 24 hours. I'm so drained. I wake up this morning, go back to sleep and cycle only after lunch. At Mandai, as I cycle the long stretch without stop lights, my mind wanders to the long days at work. I cycle into Kranji Sanctuary. A modern-day dinosaur (chameleon?) skittles across the road. Two vintage cars driven by vintage drivers ripple past my space-time continuum. An egret races ahead of me at more than 30 km/h. I blink as my extended wear lenses (first time I'm riding with them) suck the moisture from my eyes. A truck cuts me off. I wave my arm vehemently. Twice. Back home, I munch on a chocolate bar. Life's little pleasures. Life's big blessings.

No comments: