Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Across the road

Sep distance: 409 km

To Sengkang, 30 km. It's long and lies across the road, with alternating bands of black and yellow across its body. I slow down when I see it and speed up when I pass it. But it's no speed bump. It's a snake, and a big long one at that! I cycle away from Old Upper Thomson Road with its dark shadows and cars parked in the shadows, towards the wide open spaces of Sengkang. Enroute, the ups and downs of Yio Chu Kang road are like the ups and downs of my life. After feeling down this morning, I feel up after watching Eric Khoo's Be With Me, thanks to the inspiring sight of a blind lady cooking. Tonight, I train for the NUS Cycling Club's so-called "King of the Mountain". Am I setting myself up for disappointment, to pit myself against much younger folk? Maybe it's hubris, maybe it's being curious, but I want to know where I stand. At Sengkang, I pass some stuff over to RebelXH and tell her about the movie to cheer her up. Or maybe it's to remind myself to cheer up.

No comments: