Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Biking or babysitting?


To Changi Village, 90 km. I'm supposed to be racing tonight, but couldn't form a team. So, CC asks me to help in a ride instead. I sign up as I thought it was a charity ride. But it isn't in aid of the needy. Not a good cause, but good grief. On the way to the start point, I'm almost whacked thrice, by an oblivious driver, a pedestrian and passengers getting out of a car. After a barebones briefing and sorting out some confusion, about 70 cyclists in four teams, sheperded by motly crew of SACA and other seasoned cyclists set off on a fitness club's midnight cycling ride. I'm Team B's sweeper. Feels like punishment. Fixing lights and adjusting bikes. Crawling at 10 km/h, looking after someone who's overcoming phobia after a crash. Lead rider tells me to let someone else look after her as I'm needed up front. As it turns out, I look after two girls, going at 12-20 km/h. At rest stops, we're given apples but no 100-plus! Well, the ride has its pluses. The weather is good and so is the company. They're suffering with aches in the butt and hands, but are in good spirits. "You saved us," they chirp at the end of the ride. Yeah, from a near collision with a car and another cyclist.
Photo courtesy of Caron C

1 comment:

Helish Lawera said...

Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform.
หาแม่บ้าน