Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weather-beaten or beating the weather?

To Lim Chu Kang, 80 km. The weather man is right today. It pours in the morning. Why cycle in the rain when I don't have to? If only life's choices are easier. How can I tell whether to brave a storm or hang around going nowhere? And who knows how long the storm will last? There's no weatherman in life to tell the weather; even if there was, he'd probably be wrong. The only one who's right all the time is the Man Who Makes The Weather. As I start cycling, part of me feels down and just want to curl up in bed. But the other part of me wants to seek out the sun to thaw. Rather than being weather-beaten today, I hit the road in the afternoon to beat the weather on my trusty steed. It's reliable, unlike people. A motorist almost runs me down. I yell aggressively and almost want to wave my fist as the driver brakes in time. But why should I let her ruin my mood? Perhaps my new pair of sunglasses (a gift) makes me look fierce enough. Just like that dog at Kranji that glares balefully at me.

No. of close calls on the road: two..

No comments: