Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Weird ride

Half island, 80 km. I oversleep again today, just like last Sun. And again, I miss a Bike Aid ride. Like in a weird dream, strange things happen. I notice that generally, blue collar foreign talent wear dark colours and ride dark coloured bicycles, while white collar foreign talent wear bright colours and ride fancy bicycles. At Kranji, I whip out my camera for a shot and a battery pops out. Two vehicles drive by. It looks like they miss the battery, but it gets dented and leaks. At West Coast, my second of three rest stops, I see a cyclist with a squeaky bunny perched on her handlebars - WC. What's the probability of meeting her like that? It's our first ride together, but only for a few minutes as we head in different directions. Back home, my contact lens tears as I try to remove it. I spend anxious moments trying to get the remains out of my eye.

No comments: