Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Better late than never

To Sengkang, 34 km. I get off work so late, I almost don't even bother to drop by the meeting point for the Wed night ride. But I drop by nonetheless, and am rewarded with the sight of five riders. We wait for a guest rider, then set off without him. The ride is so slow, an "ah beng" on a creaky bicycle (and de rigueur thick chain wrapped around the frame) overtakes us. We stop several times to await our guest rider. I chat with H, who completed a 1,400 km charity ride to Kota Bahru and back some weeks ago. I listen wistfully. My life now is all work, no big adventure, no respite.

No comments: