Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Police watch dog

To Punggol, 25 km. I reach the end of Punggol Road. Five dogs lie in a row but they do not molest me. A policeman stands outside his post beside the dogs. Now, that's what I call "police watch dog". I wonder why the dogs leave me alone, since I am alone and vulnerable. And why am I alone on this Wed night ride? Because I leave the office late (as usual) and ask the Wed night riders to ride first while I catch up. As I cycle, I wonder if they are in front or behind me. As it turns out, I reach the rendesvous ahead of them. Since there is no one there, I head for home and don't even pass them on the way home. Still, it was a good ride - short and sharp. And no dogs at my tail.

No comments: