Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Stop and go

To Old Upper Thomson Road, 26 km. It's been ten days since I last cycled. On Sunday, I didn't even make it out the door despite waking up at dawn. Someone had told me: "If you have to ask whether you should ride, you shouldn't." So, I went back to bed. The only exercise I got was turning in bed. And that really helped to unclog - not my arteries, but my nose. I felt a lot better on Mon. When you stop, it sometimes helps you to go. Wisdom is knowing when to stop to go. I'm still sniffling a little, but when I sit on my saddle today, a smile flits across my face. For a while, office hard labour is forgotten. On the road, the incursions continue. A car crosses the line literally but veers away in time. As for the three walkers, they ignore me and I cross the line to veer away. Brushes with death on either side.

No comments: