Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Overtaken

To Lim Chu Kang Road, 78 km. Another ride with the Singapore Women's Cycling Team. There are like four times more guys than girls, but I guess that's the way us guys are ... We take the Thomson route. The lead Thomson rider passes me. I surge ahead but flame out soon after reaching 48 km/h. The first peloton overtakes me, some passing real close. The second peloton passes me too; I guess they're going at 39 km/h. It turns out to be a solo ride for me but I don't mind that as it's a good ride. I've been wondering when it's time to oil my chain. The answer is obvious enough; when it squeaks. Wet lube lasts me for over a month but it's hard to clean. Dry lube dries up fast, but is easy to clean. Trade-offs; that's what life is about I guess. But some things are absolutes: chain should be lubricated!

No comments: