Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Still not easy

To Lim Chu Kang, 77 km. I join Singapore Women's Cycling Team charity training ride for a hospital. Thinking it'll be an easy ride, I have soft tyres. As it turns out, I'm the sole mountain biker among the six who show up. Another roadie overtakes us. In a flash, I'm on his tail. He makes a rapid S-turn while I slow down and he drops me for good. While I stop to wait for the rest of my group, I see the the lead peloton of the Thomson ride shoot by. It's a sight to behold, compared to the middle group who come in twos and threes. I continue chasing roadies who pass by, until I'm winded. And hungry. The charity riders are still fresh and I drop further to the back.

No comments: