Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Easy? Not easy

To Rifle Range Road, 52 km. This morning's ride with Singapore Women's Cycling Team is called off because of rain. I decide to cycle solo anyway. It's supposed to be an easy ride. I venture to the end of Jalan Kampong Chantek and my heart leaps with joy at the sight of hills. And a bit of offroad too. And, for the first time, I find myself on Rifle Range Road. Sloping up and down, curving left and right. Exciting, and I'm not talking about women. I'm glad I cycle all the way to the end instead of turning back. Sometimes, success is just round the corner, if you hang on long enough. The hard ride isn't over yet. Along Lornie Road, a roadie in matching Bianchi togs passes me by. We exchange greetings and I crank away. 44 km/h, but the white man continues to pull away.

No comments: