Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Road race rehearsal

To Nanyang Tech University, 78 km. I want to take the day off because HR Dept says "use it or lose it". But I'm caught between two rocks and two hard places ... Anyway, I manage to get half a day off and off I go to NTU to check out this Sunday's road race route. It's not a fun ride as I'm still smarting from what happened in the office. And I wonder if I'll be disqualified for being overlapped this Sunday. I see two roadies training. I stop to check a map, then trundle one round. I'm kinda knackered after riding non-stop for 40 km on kinda deflated tyres (training lah). After round 2, I head for home. I spy a roadie (must've flown out of class) and give chase from a standing start. I overtake him but he gives me short shrift after that. What to do, he's young and fresh ...

Tech note I stop by to see Bikeshop Man to true my wheels after the smashing they got at the Subaru race . He won't tell me first how much it'll cost but gets to work. He's a real craftsman and does a better job than another guy who'd charged me $4 to true one wheel. Bikeshop Man asks for $10. He says it's half-price; he usually charges $10 per wheel.

No comments: