Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Familiar faces, familiar route

To Tuas, 97 km. Today is my first training ride for the National University of Singapore Centennial Ride to Kuala Lumpur. There are some familiar faces; people I met on 21 Aug during the NUS Cycling Club outing. The route is familiar too: Tuas. As it turns out, I'm in decent company. Bike leader cranks out 25 km/h. We sit on his tail. 28, 29, 30 km/h ... most of us are still on his tail, including a guy with "drumstick-type" thighs, creaky bike complete with kickstand and mudguards. The end of the ride is a free for all, as two of us break away and head back to NUS. I hear yesterday's ride has someone going at 8 km/h.

No comments: