Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Monday, September 20, 2004

4 minutes and 2mm

To Johore Bahru, Malaysia, 54 km. I take the afternoon off to visit the map office. For the first time, I pedal differently based on a one-liner I read in a book. What a difference the one-liner - and my pedalling - makes. Excluding immigration waiting time, I'm across the causeway in an hour. Just in time to see the map office close at 4 pm. I'm just 4 minutes late. "Tolong," I ask but sorry, something about the computer, no help can be given. At least, the tourist office is open, unlike during my visit on 18 Sep. It's peak hour traffice in JB after that, but that's way less scary than peak hour in Singapore, where I have a few close calls with buses and cars.
Tech note I drop by the usual bikeshop to get my headset fixed; it comes loose on a road ride within 10 km. Bikeshop Man adds a 2mm spacer and charges me $2. Now, my bicycle feels like a chopper, with a more twitchy steering. As it's a little higher, it's more comfortable though. What a difference 2mm makes.

No comments: