Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Saturday, September 18, 2004

North and south

To Johore Bahru, Malaysia, 133 km. I head north to Johore to buy some government maps, for this year's epic ride to Thailand via the west coast of Peninsula Malaysia. After a wild goose chase, no thanks to someone who points me in the opposite direction, I find the map office. It's closed. And so is the tourist information centre. I head back empty handed and disappointed, and cycle south to National University of Singapore. I kill two hours successfully, taking a ride down memory lane. I join the training ride for the NUS centenary ride next year. There are a few close calls, one from a cyclist and several from buses. I meet LYC, who'd joined me for part of last year's epic ride to Thailand via the east coast.

No comments: