Cycling is like life. Cycling with no goal is meaningless. What meaning is there cycling in circles? Or living aimlessly? Meaning comes from direction and destination. Join me in my life's journey on a mountain bike :)

Blogging since 2003. Thank you for reading :))

Sunday, May 09, 2004

Riding with a Tank

To Changi, 100 km. It was a slack ride with Bike Aid, until the roadies break away. I'm hot on their tail. And hot it is, so hot that my head hurts. The lead rider is on a Tank. I'm on his tail for what seems to be along time, but I drop off when my lungs feel like bursting. And he's only going 35 km/h. I amble along after that, resting, until another roadie overtakes me. I lunge behind him. The wild chase goes up to 39 km/h, until he gives me a thumbs up and goes into a slip road. Man, I hanker for a road bike again. That would be going full circle, since I'd junked my road bike 9 years ago for a mountain bike. On the way home, I meet more friends and we head for a bicycle shop where I ogle at road bikes.

No comments: